Helping Hands Committee
The chair of the Helping Hands Committee is Emily Van Vlack.
Contact the Helping Hands Committee at HelpingHands@uufn.org.
In a time of crisis, the Helping Hands may be called upon to:
- Prepare and deliver a meal;
- Provide transportation to the doctor or hospital;
- Provide transportation to the grocery store;
- Visit at the hospital or at home;
- Call the ill or housebound;
- Inform the congregation about emergency needs;
- Provide information about long-term resources for assistance.
The Helping Hands Committee organizes the reception following the memorial service, where we provide and serve light refreshments.
We can provide information about:
- Meals on Wheels
- FISH drivers to take you to appointments
- Grocery stores that deliver
- Pharmacies that deliver
- In-home care services
- Special needs equipment
The Helping Hands committee was once known as the Caring Committee. The new name reflects their mission more accurately.
The Helping Hands meet in the Olympia Brown Room on the second Tuesday of each month at 1 pm.