Jan Arenson, Retired Nursing Professor, and Barbara Ward, Retired Public Health Educator are offering a 6-week Virtual Workshop on Coping with Aging and Chronic Illness, for the UUFN community.
The workshop will run from 6:45 to 8:00 PM on Thursdays from January 26 through Thursday March 2, 2023. It will be limited to eight participants and may be offered again upon request.
The purpose of the workshop is to support those experiencing the aging process and/or chronic disease, and their family members and friends. Goals are to enhance self-compassion, share skills for being present, and acknowledge trauma and stress from the changes of aging and/or chronic illness. We will discuss what gives us resilience and joy.
All participants will be asked to agree to the Respectful Commitments listed below.
- Asked to commit to the series and attend first session; you may miss a session.
- No new attendees after the first session.
- This is a sharing and skills enhancement experience. It is not therapy.
- Attendees will be invited to share their experiences and may choose to do so or not at all.
- A participant may be invited to move to a breakout room with a leader.
- All discussions are confidential and kept within the group.