Our Mission and Vision
We are a community of spiritual seekers inspired to promote a just and compassionate world. (2014)
Being present... Nurturing community... Taking action...
We create change... And are thereby changed.
Covenant of Right Relations
Our Covenant, Our Promise, Our way of being in fellowship The Covenant of Right Relations (Spring 2012)
We promise to:
- Treat each other with respect, acceptance and compassion.
- Assume the good intentions of others.
- Maintain clear and open communication even with those with whom we have differences.
- Take personal responsibility for informing ourselves about the affairs of the congregation.
- Respect each other's privacy and confidentiality.
- Honor each other's individuality in diversity.
- Be generous with our time, talent and money.
- Take responsibility for the viability of the congregation.
Our Seven Principles
We affirm and promote:
- The inherent worth and dignity of every person;
- Justice, equity and compassion in human relations;
- Acceptance of one another and encouragement to spiritual growth in our congregations;
- A free and responsible search for truth and meaning;
- The right of conscience and the use of the democratic process within our congregations and in society at large;
- The goal of world community with peace, liberty, and justice for all;
- Respect for the interdependent web of all existence of which we are a part.
Our Wisdom Comes from Many Sources
- Direct experience of that transcending mystery and wonder, affirmed in all cultures, which moves us to a renewal of the spirit and an openness to the forces which create and uphold life;
- Words and deeds of prophetic women and men which challenge us to confront powers and structures of evil with justice, compassion, and the transforming power of love;
- Wisdom from the world's religions which inspires us in our ethical and spiritual life;
- Humanist teachings which counsel us to heed the guidance of reason and the results of science, and warn us against idolatries of the mind and spirit;
- Spiritual teachings of earth-centered traditions which celebrate the sacred circle of life and instruct us to live in harmony with the rhythms of nature.
- Our shared history in community, which we hold dear as a guide.