The UUFN is host the Rally for Women on Saturday, January 21st. Because of Fire Marshall restrictions, seating for the Rally for Women at UUFN after the Jan. 21st March will be limited to 200 tickets. THE 12:00pm RALLY EVENT IS FULL and no tickets are available. Overflow will be accommodated in other rooms in the facility, and outside.
Organizers will be attempting to “Live Facebook Video” the event on theUUFN Facebook Page around 12:00pm
Candlelight vigil at 9:00 a.m. at UUFN. Marchers depart UUFN at 10:00 a.m., reassemble at noon at UUFN for a rally. Non-marchers are welcome to remain at UUFN for activities while the marchers walk/roll. Rally til 1:30 or 2:00 p.m.
The route of the march is about 2.4 miles, with the possibility of joining half way through, at Old College on E. Main St. Parking available nearby for those joining at the 1/2 way point. Parking near UUFN for those doing the entire route.
Route of the march: Start at UUFN. Willa Rd to W. Park Place to S. Main St. to E. Main St. To S. College Ave. To W. Park Pl. to willa Rd. To UUFN.
While the marchers are walking/rolling, those of us staying at UUFN will be viewing the broadcasts from DC and participating in a letter writing project.
Darlene Battle, Director, Delaware Alliance for Community Advancement.
Lisa B. Goodman, Esq., President, Equality Delaware
Stephanie Hansen, Democratic candidate for DE 10th Senate district special election.
Matthew Pillischer, Director of Racial Justice & Social Advocacy, YWCA- DE. , and producer of the documentary, “Broken On All Sides.”
Pamela Price, Board Member, Planned Parenthood.
Rev. Cynthia Robinson, Minister, New Ark United Church of Christ
Jen Wallace, Newark City Councilperson.
Rev. Andrew Weber, Minister, Unitarian Universalist Fellowship of Newark.
The Thyme to Eat food truck will be at UUFN from 9:00 a.m. til 12:30 p.m. on March day.
PARKING FOR THE WOMEN’S MARCH ON DELAWARE
1) The parking lot at UUFN will NOT be available for general parking. Parking in the UUFN that WILL be allowed: The Thyme to Eat Food Truck, parking for invited speakers,
2) Parking will be available on the street on both sides of Willa Road (where UUFN is located). The restrictions on the west side of the street have been lifted for Jan 21st 9:00 am til 2:00 pm.
3) Parking will be available at West Park Place School on Willa Rd. and along the streets in the surrounding neighborhood. PLEASE OBEY PARKING RESTRICTIONS .
4) Parking will be available at St. Thomas Episcopal Church, 276 S. College Ave. Newark 19711.
5) We have arranged with the University of Delaware for event participants to park in Lot 2, which is behind Townsend Hall and just north of the Creamery, at 531 S. College Ave, Newark 19716. You will not be ticketed if you park in that lot. This location is 1.8 miles from UUFN. You can arrange to carpool from Lot 2, walk to UUFN, or join the march en route.
6) If you want to join the march at the 1/2 way point, at Old College on E. Main St., you can park in that vicinity.