Date(s) - 01/27/2018
4:30 pm - 6:30 pm
January 27th predicted to be hottest on record as the Landscape Committee sponsors the 9th Annual UUFN “Chili Challenge” Chili, Cornbread & Dessert Cook-Off.
The Cook-O will include judging and awards in three exciting chili categories:
- Traditional – tomatoes, peppers & meat (with or without beans)
- Vegetarian – anything but meat!
- Ultra Chili – any non-traditional, non- vegetarian chili your imagination can come up with – Anything goes!!
- Cornbread – The only rules for the Cornbread Category are that entries must have cornmeal as one of the ingredients and somehow resemble “cornbread”.
- Dessert – The only rule for the Dessert Category is that entries must include chile pepper as one of the ingredients.
Chili contestants should bring a warm crock pot of their chili entry and their cornbread & dessert entries to MacKinnon Hall between 4:30 and 5:00 p.m.
Judging will start at 5:30 and general eating starts as the ballots are being tabulated!
Fixin’s, for topping off your favorite chili, will be available.
Some drinks will be provided.
BYOB if you have a favorite chili-friendly beverage.
So mark your calendar, get out your crock pot, dust off your favorite recipe or create a new one.
Come to compete, come to taste the variety, help judge the entries and pick the winners.
Come to enjoy the food & fellowship and see who will win the ultimate honor of taking home the fabulous UUFN Chili Bowl Trophy this year.
Sign-ups to enter the competition will take place on Sundays, through January 21st, at the Chili Cook-O table during coffee hour.
Contact Steve Bush, or talk to any member of the Landscape Committee or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.