Helping Hands Committee
The chair of the Helping Hands Committee is Elizabeth Carlisle.
Contact the Helping Hands Committee at HelpingHands@uufn.org.
In a time of crisis, the Helping Hands may be called upon to:
- Prepare and deliver a meal;
- Provide transportation to the doctor or hospital;
- Provide transportation to the grocery store;
- Provide emergency respite or child care;
- Visit at the hospital or at home;
- Call the ill or housebound;
- Inform the congregation about emergency needs;
- Provide information about long-term resources for assistance.
The Helping Hands Committee organizes the reception following the memorial service, where we provide and serve light refreshments.
We can provide information about:
- Meals on Wheels
- FISH drivers to take you to appointments
- Grocery stores that deliver
- Pharmacies that deliver
- In-home care services
- Special needs equipment
The Helping Hands committee was once known as the Caring Committee. The new name reflects their mission more accurately.