The Caring Committee is currently co-chaired by Janet Louise.
Contact the Caring Committee at Caring@UUFN.org or by calling the emergency number at 302-709-1345.
In a time of crisis, the Caring Committee may be called upon to:
- Prepare and deliver a meal;
- Provide transportation to the doctor or hospital;
- Provide transportation to the grocery store;
- Provide emergency respite or child care;
- Visit at the hospital or at home;
- Call the ill or housebound;
- Inform the congregation about emergency needs;
- Provide information about long-term resources for assistance.
The Caring Committee organizes the reception following the memorial service, where we provide and serve light refreshments.
We can provide information about:
- Meals on Wheels
- FISH drivers to take you to appointments
- Grocery stores that deliver
- Pharmacies that deliver
- In-home care services
- Special needs equipment
Please contact the Caring Chairs at (302) 709-1345 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Caring Connections: Janet Louise and Emily Van Vlack
UUFN Caring Committee
The UUFN Caring Committee is here for you…
Caring Committee members develop trusting relationships with individuals needing and requesting care.
The relationship can involve support in many ways during a difficult time, whether at the hospital, at home, or through telephone conversations.
We offer information in the form of resources and contacts. In addition to practical assistance, Caring Committee members may provide a hand to hold, a quiet, listening presence, or a shoulder to lean on.
Caring Committee support is usually requested during times of life transition, such as illness, accidents, the death of a loved one, divorce, birth, or confinement to a nursing home or hospice.
What Can We Do?